ANNOUNCE: midori 0.4.6 released

Mișu Moldovan dumol at xfce.org
Tue May 15 12:03:34 CEST 2012

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 10:43 AM, Maximilien Noal
<noal.maximilien at gmail.com> wrote:
> Midori is becoming better and better with each release. Very impressive !
>
> I will switch from Firefox the instant I find a flashgot + downthemall
> extension for Midori (mainly to download embedded Flash/HTML5/WebM
> videos when the network makes the buffering crappy).
>
> Any hints ?

I'm using Midori almost exclusively, using two profiles (thanks to
midori -c). In the main profile I have disabled Flash altogether and
activated HTML5 alternatives where appropriate, eg.
http://www.youtube.com/html5

After watching a HTML5 movie I find it in /tmp/midori-$USER like this:

    find /tmp/midori-$USER -cmin -15

When I encounter a Flash-only movie I open it in the second Midori
profile where Flash is enabled. Obviously, you may pause the playing
until the entire movie is buffered. AFAIK only YouTube pauses the
buffering too, but this is not an issue as almost all YouTube movies
will play in the first Midori profile and the WebM movie will be saved
in /tmp.

HTH,

--
mișu