Separate announce list? (Was: ANNOUNCE: xfce4-mount-plugin 0.6.4 released)

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Mon May 14 17:59:07 CEST 2012

Am Montag, den 14.05.2012, 08:42 -0700 schrieb Ray Andrews:

> Would it be a good idea to have a separate mailing list for releases?
> I'm glad to see the rate of progress, but these notifications do fill up
> the inbox.

So far we had 196 mails in may. 7 of them were announcements.

> Since these things are not normally the sort of thing you
> would respond to,

In April and May 77 announcements have caused 45 replies, so obviously
people do respond to announcements.

> I'd think that perhaps there could simply be a web
> page that shows the latest releases and that's that.

As a packager, I'd like to have something that get's pushed to my inbox
rather than having to check a website manually.

This being said an xfce-announce mailing list could make sense, but a
website not really.

Kind regards,
Christoph