Screensaver - keystroke?

Marton Balazs balmar3 at gmail.com
Sat May 12 14:19:32 CEST 2012

Thanks, it's indeed always a question of finding the right keyword in
google, so with your answer I finally found:

"Keystrokes typed at non-X11 programs are not detected.

To decide when it's time to blank the screen, xscreensaver monitors
keyboard activity and the mouse position. Unfortunately, it is only able
to monitor keyboard activity in other X11 programs. So, if you are
typing at another X11 program, xscreensaver will know that the system is
active. But, if you are typing at a non-X11 program, and never move the
mouse, xscreensaver will think the system is idle, and will blank the
screen."

http://www.jwz.org/xscreensaver/macos.html
(MacOs, but I guess the same applies to linux.)

Marton