Panel budged up

Kevin Chadwick ma1l1ists at yahoo.co.uk
Fri May 11 22:02:43 CEST 2012

upgraded xfce4-panel (4.8.6-1 -> 4.10.0-1)

I have two panels, I don't really want to reset the panels completely
as one is quite heavily customised, I did get the panels automatically
setup by my install scripts, it was a bit fiddly to do but I could
delete the panel config and redo it if it helps.

I notice the main panel has now got lock support and since upgrading,
the window buttons panel item now dictates where the orage clock and
pager items are positioned so rather than always in the top right corner
they are from the left to the right of the applications menu/shutdown
button and move further right as more windows are opened pushing them
across.

Is something missing to hold them in the top right corner?

p.s. If you ever switch the mount-plugin to udisks. I'd appreciate it if
you fallback or keep the current plugin seperate for umount as I prefer
sudo to the IPC complexities and difficulty interpreting and checking
permissions of polkit.

Thanks, Kc