Issues with tightvnc

Guillaume sirocco at gmx.fr
Mon May 7 14:37:01 CEST 2012

Hi,

I've been using previous releases of xfce via tightvnc without
any issue but I can't get xfce 4.10 working via tightvnc.

When I use a
normal screen, xfce 4.10 works fine, no issue.

When I use xfce 4.10 via
tightvnc there are many issues
 - not all icons are working
 -
apparences cannot be modified
 - icons cannot be changed
 -
autocompletion in terminal doesn't work
see screenshot to see what it
looks like http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/855/tightvnc.png/

can't see where the issue come from, I tried to activate debug option
for few modules but it doesn't helped me.

Example of errors I see when
I start xsettingsd from command line :

g at sirocco2 ~ $ xfsettingsd
--no-daemon
Xlib: extension "RANDR" missing on display
":1.0".
(xfsettingsd:16863): xfsettingsd-CRITICAL **: No RANDR extension
found in display :1.0. Display settings won't be applied.
Xlib:
extension "XInputExtension" missing on display ":1.0".
Segmentation
fault

Any hint on having 4.10 working via tightvnc
?

Thanks,

Guillaume