Dark themes

Simon Steinbeiß simon.steinbeiss at elfenbeinturm.at
Sat May 5 03:24:49 CEST 2012

Kedves Marton,

On Fri, 4 May 2012 19:41:27 +0200 (CEST)
Marton Balazs <balmar3 at gmail.com> wrote:

> As for Albatross, while trying that I actually found a bug report:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/shimmer-themes/+bug/989814

Yes, as I mentioned, Albatross has not been ported to Gtk3.4, therefore the bugs (e.g. with Update Manager). I know this has to be fixed, but my focus was to get Greybird into shape since it's the default theme.

> and also some comments on the Weather applet problem:
> http://shimmerproject.org/project/albatross/
> (see the comments).

Good point, I agree I haven't paid enough attention to Albatross maintenance, that's mostly a time-problem, not a motivational one. See above.

I'll try to get this fixed as soon as I can, no promises though. If anyone feels like helping, don't hesitate to step forward.

 - Simon