4.10 No Trash, No Removable Devices Icons

Ahau @porteus.org ajax.criterion at gmail.com
Fri May 4 17:18:32 CEST 2012

Hi Bob,

I maintain XFCE for Porteus, which is a slackware-based live
distribution.  I'm using a modified version of rworkman's build
scripts for 4.8 in order to build 4.10.

See this link, especially the Notes file:

http://connie.slackware.com/~rworkman/xfce-4.8/

Have you installed all of the dependencies included there and built
your packages in that order?  I'm wondering if perhaps you intalled
gvfs after you compiled thunar & friends, or if you've left out some
other dependencies...

I can supply txz's and/or build scripts if you like.