CPU frequency setting plugin - what's it called?

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Wed May 2 19:03:06 CEST 2012

On Wed, May 02, 2012 at 12:45:41PM -0400, Gilbert Sullivan wrote:
> On 05/02/2012 12:25 PM, Chris Green wrote:

> >> I think you're looking for
> >> http://goodies.xfce.org/projects/panel-plugins/xfce4-cpufreq-plugin
> >>
> > Unless I'm confused (quite likely) that doesn't allow *setting* the CPU
> > frequency or governor.
> >
> Excuse me for butting in. I guess that you might be doing what I
> mistakenly did for a while with that plugin. I expected to control the
> CPU by using the Properties dialog. Then, one day, I accidentally
> LEFT-clicked on the plugin. Heh.

No, I'm left (button 1) clicking on the panel, I get the "CPU
Information" display with "Scaling driver:", "Available Frequencies:"
and "Available Governors:" for each processor.  However clicking on
either "Available Frequencies:" or "Available Governors:" and selecting
a different value from the pull-down list doesn't actually change
anything.

--
Chris Green