List of CLI commands.

Stephan Arts stephan at xfce.org
Tue Mar 27 21:13:14 CEST 2012

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 8:35 PM, Albert Wagner <albertwagner at cox.net> wrote:
>> I am curious... does it cover xfconf-query too?
>
> No.  In that Linux, not XFCE, was in the title I would assume that only
> those commands shared with other Linux distros would be found.   He said he
> wanted "...a list of all the CLI tools, not just xfconf-query."
>
> Gymka offered the nearest thing to a complete list of specifically XFCE
> tools above. See which names have a man file. Try running 'xman'  or 'man
> man'. Personally, I don't see how one defines "...a list of all the CLI
> tools, not just xfconf-query."
>
> It's worth remembering also, that XFCE in just a DE, and not Linux proper.
>
> Does that answer your curiosity?

Yep ;-)

Well... technically... linux is just a kernel... it does not have a cli.

That's GNU. But since the book was not the GNU command-line bible, I
thought the auther might ignore other technicalities aswell. And maybe
mention gsettings, gconf, and xfconf.

But you've answered my curiosity, thanks :-)

Regards,

Stephan