List of CLI commands.

Albert Wagner albertwagner at cox.net
Tue Mar 27 20:35:46 CEST 2012

On 03/27/2012 12:29 PM, Stephan Arts wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 7:04 PM, Albert Wagner<albertwagner at cox.net>  wrote:
>> "Linux Command Line and Shell Scripting Bible" is an excellent book. I got
>> mine from Amazon.com.
> Considering bibles usually are ancient books... rarely up to date...
Not true.  But you knew that.

> I am curious... does it cover xfconf-query too?
No.  In that Linux, not XFCE, was in the title I would assume that only
those commands shared with other Linux distros would be found.   He said
he wanted "...a list of all the CLI tools, not just xfconf-query."

Gymka offered the nearest thing to a complete list of specifically XFCE
tools above. See which names have a man file. Try running 'xman'  or
'man man'. Personally, I don't see how one defines "...a list of all the
CLI tools, not just xfconf-query."

It's worth remembering also, that XFCE in just a DE, and not Linux proper.

Does that answer your curiosity?