List of CLI commands.

Ray Andrews rayandrews at eastlink.ca
Tue Mar 27 18:21:02 CEST 2012

On 27/03/12 07:53 AM, Ahau @porteus.org wrote:
> Is this what you're looking for?
>
> http://wiki.xfce.org/settings4.6
Thanks, that is a help. But I can find no link to that page from it's
parent.
And there is still the question of a list of all the CLI tools, not just
xfconf-query.
> --prepared for 4.6 but probably the same or quite similar for 4.8
>
> or, the man page for xfconf-query:
>
> http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/jaunty/man1/xfconf-query.1.html
>
> I've done very little with xfconf-query myself, I typically manually
> edit the xml files (yes, I know this is not recommended, but if I were
> to do more mods by scripts, I'd probably force myself to learn it.

So we have that in common, we both want to be able to manually edit
config files, which is why I'm so interested to find out why they are
formatted
as xml not plain text.