How to reduce parole's loading of the system?

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Mon Mar 26 23:22:15 CEST 2012

I'm running parole to listen to BBC .asx audio streams and it's not
managing at all well.  It's buffering all the time and losing around
half of the audio stream which makes it unusable.

Is there any way to reduce the amount of processor time it needs?  It
seems (according to top) to be using 30% or more of the processor though
not much memory.

This is on an atom based netbook, so it's not a super powerful system
but I'd expect it to be able to stream audio.

--
Chris Green