Fedora 16 XFCE - Little annoyance wrt clock

Stephan Arts stephan at xfce.org
Thu Mar 22 11:07:14 CET 2012

On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 10:59 AM, Christoph Wickert
<christoph.wickert at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, den 21.03.2012, 16:45 -0300 schrieb Fernando Cassia:
>>
>> Should "Adjust system clock" be an option of the clock
>> widget/panel/whatever?
>
> Yes and no: ;)
> No, There should not be one because xfce4-panel does not provide this
> functionality.
> Yes, it would be nice to have it.
>
>> It´d help usablity inmensely, IMHO. Should I fire a request for
>> enhancement?
>
> That would require PolicyKit to handle the permissions. This means it
> will not come before Xfce 4.12 because it is not allowed to add new
> dependencies now.
>
> Another problem I see is that configuring timezones is distro-specific.
> On Fedora for example it is /etc/sysconfig/clock while it
> is /etc/timezone on Debian.

So, basically you want a hook on policykit and a document describing
'HOW TO MAKE IT WORK' of packagers?

Regards,

Stephan

--
"The number of Unix installations has grown to 10, with more expected."
-- The Unix Programmer's Manual, 2nd Edition, June, 1972