Should I be able to mount a removable drive using the "Mount Devices" panel applet?

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Fri Mar 9 13:57:48 CET 2012

Should I be able to see (and hence mount) removable drives such as USB
drives using the "Mount Devices" panel applet?

As it is the applet just shows my mounted hard drives and NFS drives and
doesn't seem to offer me any mount/unmount options at all.

It *seems* as if it just uses /etc/fstab to decide what to show and, as
it stands, doesn't offer me the ability to mount/unmount anything.

--
Chris Green