USB mass storage not automounting (thunar?)

Mike Massonnet mmassonnet at xfce.org
Wed Mar 7 22:13:25 CET 2012

Hello,

Le mercredi 07 mars 2012 à 19:50 +0000, Chris Green a écrit :
> On a 64-bit xubuntu 11.10 system USB drives are not automounting and,
> thus, appearing in thunar.

This doesn't sound correct. It's not because the storage doesn't
automount, that it doesn't appear in the left pane of thunar. If the
drive doesn't show up at all, it indicates another problem unrelated to
Thunar.

> All the right things are enabled in "Removable Drives and Media" in
> system settings as far as I can see.
>
> Any ideas what might be wrong?  (I have a 32-bit xubuntu 11.10 system
> where automount is working perfectly).

(Short) output of 'dmesg' after your inserted the USB drive.
Output of 'lsusb' to see if the drive appears at all.

Is gvfs and its backends installed?

--
Mike