Xfce release 4.10

Ernesto Acosta elavdeveloper at myopera.com
Sat Mar 3 18:23:39 CET 2012

I understand. But if I give them a suggestion. For upcoming releases, do not put the public release cycle if they believe they can not meet deadlines.

I am patient. I think it's better to have a 100% complete and not rushing to launch Xfce 4.10, but many people were waiting for release in early March and I see, you may not have until June the new version.

Thanks for your work. I love Xfce.

El sáb, 3 mar, 2012, a las 12:14 , Anzan Hoshin Roshi escribió:
> Folks,
>
> I'm just glad for any Xfce at all. Don't rush. Surprise me with how good
> 4.10 will be.
>
> Thank you all for your work.
>
> Anzhr
> On Mar 3, 2012 12:08 PM, "Jannis Pohlmann" <jannis at xfce.org> wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 3 Mar 2012 17:23:43 +0100
> > Olivier Duchateau <duchateau.olivier at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Taken from Jannis Pohlmann's blog [1] « [...] We have not decided on a
> > > release date, but if things go well, we should be able to roll the
> > > first pre-release one month from now, in early March. This would mean
> > > that a final release in May or June would be feasible. [...] »
> >
> > Yes, that was just me guessing though. I'll leave the decision to Nick
> > because (a) he is doing the majority of the work and (b) he is the
> > release manager. And even though I like our release model, I am not
> > willing to push it if others feel uncomfortable, disagree with it in
> > parts or simply do significantly more work than I do.
> >
> > So: Nick has the last word on this.
> >
> >  - Jannis

  Saludos: Ernesto Acosta
  url:  blog.desdelinux.net