run-on scrolling

Ray Andrews rayandrews at eastlink.ca
Sun Jun 24 00:13:36 CEST 2012

On 23/06/12 09:03 AM, Sergio wrote:

Hi Sergio,

> Hi, Ray.
> That sounds as the normal behaviour to me. It just can't draw the screen as fast as PgDown scrolls. That happens likewise in the terminal.
  Normal or not, I hate it, and if there's any way to turn it off I'd
love to know about it.  I've never had the problem in Terminal, but
maybe that's just because it has an easier time keeping up with the
keyboard buffer. Mind, Thunar isn't the only place where it happens.  I
get the run-on in Synaptic too,  gedit if the doc is very long,  and
probably others as well.  I have no idea who to 'blame' for this, I'm
just hoping there's a fix.  But since it does *not* happen with the
arrow keys, but only with PgUp/Down, I'm guessing there is some way to
control it.