run-on scrolling

Ray Andrews rayandrews at eastlink.ca
Sat Jun 23 17:29:43 CEST 2012

Gentlemen,

In Thunar, if I'm looking at a very long listing and I'm using Page
Down/Up to scroll through it, if I hold the key down and then release
it, it does not stop scrolling.  It seems as if the KB buffer gets
loaded with PgDn's and that these must be exhausted before any new
keystrokes will be read.  This is very annoying since even if I take my
finger off the key when I get to where I want to be, it keeps on
scrolling  past, and there's nothing I can do to stop it.  Note that the
Up/Down arrow keys do *not* do this, they stop scrolling the instant I
take my finger off the key.  Is there any way I can get Pg Up/Dn to
behave the same way?  I've adapted to this by pecking the Pg Up/Dn key
when I want fast scrolling, but I'd sure like it if I didn't have to do
that and it would just stop scrolling when I take my finger off.