Debian + Xfce4

John Coppens john at jcoppens.com
Wed Jun 13 20:58:41 CEST 2012

On Wed, 13 Jun 2012 17:53:07 +0200
killermoehre <killermoehre at gmx.net> wrote:

> If you don't start xfwm4 within the session manager (see the
> --sm-client-id=XXXX switch) the sm can't recognize it.

I don't know what you mean by that. I have no option to start xfwm4 in
the session manager. In the session pane of the session manager, there
is no 'add' or equivalent.

So I started it manually, and I suspect it added itself to the session.
That seems to work.

> Simple.

All things are simple if you know them or if they are (sufficiently)
documented. The docs don't say what to do if, suddenly, xfwm4
disappears.

May I suggest you document those simple things for the rest of us?

John