Problems with Ubuntu 12.04 * Xfce 4.8

Liviu Andronic landronimirc at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 11:55:17 CEST 2012

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 11:08 AM, Guido Berhoerster <gber at opensuse.org> wrote:
> On 12.06.2012 10:47, killermoehre wrote:
>>
>> just delete ~/.cache/sessions/*. That's all. For anything else there is
>
> There is no need to do that, just start xfwm4 manually, e.g. via xfrun4.
> (This is probably the single most frequently reported bug/asked question in
> Xfce.)

Indeed, but this is also a very disturbing experience. When it first
happened to me---a long time ago---I was in a meeting, and had *no*
idea what was wrong and how to fix it. All in all, disastrous. It
would be nice to fix this---avoid xfwm4 dying on its own---or have
Xfce detect when no WM is running and propose the user to fire-up
xfwm4.

Liviu