Linus, Gnome 3, and *lots* of Xfce comments

Ray Andrews rayandrews at eastlink.ca
Thu Jun 7 19:54:18 CEST 2012

Killer,

On 07/06/12 10:31 AM, killermoehre wrote:

> As for me, I still don't know what it is that I'm supposed to be
> missing.  Apart from that 'Session manager not found' bug, I  find XFCE
> to be better in every respect than G2, and I couldn't get G3 to run at
> all, so can't say much about it.  I should run MATE, so that I can get
> some idea why anyone would even want to run anything other than XFCE.
> For the moment I'm happy in my ignorance ;-)
> Is xfce4-session-manager installed? How do you start your session?
'xfce4-session' is installed.  I start with 'startxfce4'. Everything
works fine unless I try to quit xfce while a document needs to be saved
and that document is not visible (I think when it's on another
workspace). It seems that all that is needed is for xfce to somehow
bring up the 'save' dialogue.  If I remember in time, and bring up the
needed workspace, and save the document before the session manager times
out, then all is fine.  It seems to me that it should be an easy bug to
fix, but then again I'm not a dev.