Linus, Gnome 3, and *lots* of Xfce comments

Ray Andrews rayandrews at eastlink.ca
Thu Jun 7 19:30:16 CEST 2012

On 07/06/12 09:49 AM, Heinz Diehl wrote:
> On 05.06.2012, Maximilien Noal wrote:
>
>> PS: Linus is back on Gnome 3 now, but bashes it ? Why change, then ?
>> I'm a little confused.
> I don't care what desktop Linus is using. XFCE has all I need, and
> works flawlessly. In short: it's perfect for me.

As for me, I still don't know what it is that I'm supposed to be
missing.  Apart from that 'Session manager not found' bug, I  find XFCE
to be better in every respect than G2, and I couldn't get G3 to run at
all, so can't say much about it.  I should run MATE, so that I can get
some idea why anyone would even want to run anything other than XFCE.
For the moment I'm happy in my ignorance ;-)