Help with GTK3 Theming

jEsuSdA 8) listas at jesusda.com
Tue Jun 5 21:32:22 CEST 2012

El 05/06/12 13:24, sergiocmailbox-xfce at yahoo.com.br escribió:
> These themes (IIRC as I don't have them here) are tweaked in a way so they only work with a panel background image. This because they're made for GNOME (and maybe to match a gnome-shell theme).
> So maybe those applets don't work well when the panel isn't using the gtk theme's default colours.
> You could look at the Zukitwo folder and search for the tweaks it made for the panel NOT to use the theme's colours, then revert it.
> Sometimes it's a separate file, like panel.rc, then maybe just renaming it will make theme use the default colours.

Thank you, Sergio!

I have solved the top panel applet bug adding the line

     bg[NORMAL] = @menu_color

To style "theme-panel" on panel.rc file.

BEFORE: http://www.pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=32682
AFTER: http://www.pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=32749

If I delete the panel.rc file, the panel looks like a dissaster.

I need to know what kind of widget is the "free disk space" to try to
change the appearance.

Can someone help me?

This is the complete panel.rc code:

8<------------------------------------

style "theme-panel"
{
     xthickness = 4 # The spacing (padding) inside and between applets.
Add a lower value for a more compact look.
     ythickness = 0

     #bg_pixmap[NORMAL] = "/Panel/panel-bg.png" # Disable for normal
panel backgrounds.

     bg[NORMAL] = @menu_color

     fg[NORMAL]    = "#f5f5f5"
     fg[PRELIGHT]    = "#ffffff"
     fg[ACTIVE]    = "#f5f5f5"
     text[NORMAL]    = "#f5f5f5"
     text[PRELIGHT]    = "#ffffff"
     text[ACTIVE]    = "#f5f5f5"

     engine "pixmap" {
         image {
             function    = BOX
             recolorable    = TRUE
             state        = NORMAL
         }
         image {
             function    = BOX
             recolorable    = TRUE
             state        = PRELIGHT
             file        = "Panel/panel-button-hover.png"
             border        = { 4, 4, 1, 1 }
             stretch        = TRUE
         }
         image {
             function    = BOX
             recolorable    = TRUE
             state        = ACTIVE
             file        = "Panel/panel-button-active.png"
             border        = { 4, 4, 1, 1 }
             stretch        = TRUE
         }
         image {
             function    = BOX
             recolorable    = TRUE
             state        = SELECTED
             file        = "Panel/panel-button-active.png"
             border        = { 4, 4, 1, 1 }
             stretch        = TRUE
         }
         image {
             function    = BOX
             recolorable    = TRUE
             state        = INSENSITIVE
         }
         image {
             function    = ARROW
             recolorable    = TRUE
             arrow_direction    = DOWN
         }
     }
}

style "theme-panel-light"
{
     xthickness = 1
     ythickness = 0

     fg[NORMAL] = @fg_color

     engine "murrine" {
         textstyle = 0
         roundness = 0
     }
}

style "theme-panel-text"
{
     fg[NORMAL]    = "#f5f5f5"
     fg[PRELIGHT]    = "#ffffff"
     fg[ACTIVE]    = "#f5f5f5"
     text[NORMAL]    = "#f5f5f5"
     text[PRELIGHT]    = "#ffffff"
     text[ACTIVE]    = "#f5f5f5"
}

style "theme-main-menu-text" = "theme-panel-text"
{
     fg[PRELIGHT]    = "#ffffff"
     text[PRELIGHT]    = "#ffffff"
}

style "theme-panel-handle"
{
     engine "pixmap" {
         image {
             function = HANDLE
         }
         image {
             function = HANDLE
         }
     }
}

widget "*PanelWidget*"            style "theme-panel"
widget "*PanelApplet*"            style "theme-panel"
widget "*fast-user-switch*"        style "theme-panel"
widget "*CPUFreq*Applet*"        style "theme-panel"
widget "*indicator-applet*"        style "theme-panel"
class "PanelApp*"            style "theme-panel"
class "PanelToplevel*"            style "theme-panel"
widget_class "*PanelToplevel*"        style "theme-panel"
widget_class "*notif*"            style "theme-panel"
widget_class "*Notif*"            style "theme-panel"
widget_class "*Tray*"            style "theme-panel"
widget_class "*tray*"            style "theme-panel"
widget_class "*computertemp*"        style "theme-panel"
widget_class "*Applet*Tomboy*"        style "theme-panel"
widget_class "*Applet*Netstatus*"    style "theme-panel"

# Fixes for tooltip text in some apps.
widget_class "*Notif*Beagle*"    style "theme-panel-light"
widget_class "*Notif*Brasero*"    style "theme-panel-light"

# XFCE panel theming.
widget "*Xfce*Panel*"    style "theme-panel"
class "*Xfce*Panel*"    style "theme-panel"

# lxpanel and fbpanel
widget "*.tclock.*"        style "theme-panel"
widget "*.taskbar.*"        style "theme-panel"
widget_class "*GtkBgbox*"    style "theme-panel"

# Make sure panel text color doesn't change
widget_class "*Panel*MenuBar*"        style "theme-main-menu-text"
widget_class "*Panel*<GtkMenuBar>*"    style "theme-main-menu-text"
widget "*.clock-applet-button.*"    style "theme-panel-text"
widget "*PanelApplet*"            style "theme-panel-text"

# Hide ugly handle
class "PanelAppletFrame" style:highest "theme-panel-handle"

# The following removes the arrows from the panel

style "panel-arrow-remove" {
engine "pixmap" {
     image {
         function    = ARROW
         recolorable    = TRUE
         overlay_file    = "Panel/arrow-blank.png"
         overlay_border    = {2,2,2,2}
         overlay_stretch    = FALSE
         arrow_direction    = UP
         }
     image {
         function    = ARROW
         recolorable    = TRUE
         overlay_file    = "Panel/arrow-blank.png"
         overlay_border    = {2,2,2,2}
         overlay_stretch    = FALSE
         arrow_direction    = DOWN
         }
     }
}

widget_class "*PanelToplevel*" style "panel-arrow-remove"