thunar-volman's automount broken in Fedora, does it work somewhere else?

sergiocmailbox-xfce at yahoo.com.br sergiocmailbox-xfce at yahoo.com.br
Sat Jun 2 16:16:48 CEST 2012

--- Em sáb, 2/6/12, Maximilien Noal <noal.maximilien at gmail.com> escreveu:

> De: Maximilien Noal <noal.maximilien at gmail.com>
> Assunto: Re: thunar-volman's automount broken in Fedora, does it work somewhere else?
> Para: sergiocmailbox-xfce at yahoo.com.br, "Xfce general discussion list" <xfce at xfce.org>
> Data: Sábado, 2 de Junho de 2012, 8:51
> On 06/02/2012 11:41 AM, sergiocmailbox-xfce at yahoo.com.br
> wrote:
> >

> >> Fwiw it works just fine for me on Debian with Xfce4
> 4.10
> >> from
> >> experimental.
> >>

> >> --
> >> Yves-Alexis
> >
> > Good to know.
> > Then I'll look more closely what may be interfering, or
> if maybe some package is missing (?)
> Do you have gvfs and policykit ?

Yep. I have gvfs. After I installed it, Trash was enabled and the removable media show up on Thunar's side-pane.
There are many other gvfs modules available but I haven't installed any (I don't think they're needed on this case).
PolicyKit I have too and its authentication agent is running. And it works properly for apps that use it (like yumex).

Personally I'm fine with auto-mount not working. I can just click on thunar's side-pane and the removable media is mounted, then I can open any app that may need it.

But I may try eventually to remove ConsoleKit and LXDM (which requires ConsoleKit-libs and is what launches it). But that would be quite blind of my part as I don't understand it yet.

I definately wouldn't install GDM just for the sake of it as it pulls loads of uneeded GNOME stuff that don't actually add to anything useful (and the live-CD has it and thunar-volman's auto-mount doesn't seem to work there either).