use openweathermap.org (was: Re: ANNOUNCE: xfce4-weather-plugin 0.8.0 released)

Liviu Andronic landronimirc at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 09:52:41 CEST 2012

Hello

On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 11:54 AM, Harald Judt <h.judt at gmx.at> wrote:
> xfce4-weather-plugin 0.8.0 is now available for download from
>http://openweathermap.org/example-jsonn
[..]

> - Major rewrite: Migrate to yr.no API instead of weather.com (bug
> #8105)

I'm not sure that there is appetite for yet another provider change or
if it would be desirable at all. It seems to me that one alternative
to the current yr.no provider could be openweathermap.org , which
provides all its data under CC-BY-SA 2.0". I have little experience
with this provider, but I'm bringing it up since one open-source
Android client [1] is considering switching to it [2].

Regards
Liviu

[1] https://code.google.com/p/weather-notification-android/
[2] http://openweathermap.org/example-json