Xfwm window borders do not respond to touch screen

Chandler Paul thatslyude at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 22:38:17 CEST 2012

On Sun, 22 Jul 2012 18:06:44 +0000
Chandler Paul <thatslyude at gmail.com> wrote:

> I just tried this today, and I noticed something very odd. I tried to
> add some breakpoints at typeOfClick(), and when I tap the window
> borders with my touch screen the function isn't even called.

I decided to try looking into this a little further, and actually managed to get somewhere. It looks like that when I tap the window border with my touch screen, handleButtonPress(DisplayInfo *display_info, XButtonEvent * ev) is called, for some reason ev.subwindow is set to 0, which causes handleButtonPress() to discard the event, meaning that whatever is passing the XButtonEvent structure to handleButtonPress() is not properly setting the subwindow value for whatever reason...