Screen keeps getting blank

hl.xfce hl.xfce at arcor.de
Wed Jul 18 07:56:08 CEST 2012

Hi

I fixed the problem here with xfce 4.8/4.10 with openSUSE just with xset
(screensaver and DPMS).

Please type "xset q" ... and these two sections are interesting:

[...]
Screen Saver:
   prefer blanking:  yes    allow exposures:  yes
   timeout:  600    cycle:  600
[...]
DPMS (Energy Star):
   Standby: 240    Suspend: 240    Off: 240
   DPMS is Enabled
   Monitor is On
[...]

To completely disable screen-saver and DPMS:

xset dpms force on
xset -dpms
xset s off

"xset q" should print now:
[...]
Screen Saver:
   prefer blanking:  yes    allow exposures:  yes
   timeout:  0    cycle:  600
[...]
DPMS (Energy Star):
   Standby: 240    Suspend: 240    Off: 240
   DPMS is Disabled
[...]

This works for some boxes running several days.

--
hl.xfce