Odd Workspace behaviour.

houghi houghi at houghi.org
Mon Jul 16 23:12:55 CEST 2012

On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 10:50:39PM +0200, Erik P. Olsen wrote:
> Running Fedora 16 with xfce 4.10.
>
> I've created 4 workspaces to hold various applications. Workspace 1
> is for thunderbird and workspace 2 is for firefox. Whenever I click
> on a link in an e-mail firefox switches workspace and shows now up
> in workspace 1. This is not what I wanted. I want firefox to stay in
> workspace 2 as it did in gnome 2. Is that possible?

Yes it is possible. In the Settings Manager go to the Window Manager
Tweaks. Select the tab "Focus" and select "Switch to window's workspace"

I would prefer if that were the default, yet the majority might think this
is a better idea. I like having seperate programs on seperate desktops.

houghi
--

You are standing at the end of a road before a small brick building.
Around you is a forest.  A small stream flows out of the building and