Power Manager bugs?

Erik P. Olsen epodata at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 14:42:14 CEST 2012

On 13/07/12 13:08, Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
> On ven., 2012-07-13 at 11:19 +0200, Erik P. Olsen wrote:

>>> Try to run in debug mode. Maybe xfpm is just not passed the keypress.
>>
>> Run what in debug mode and how?
>
> xfce4-power-manager --quit
> xfce4-power-manager --debug

Thanks. I've got 7026 bytes of output plus a line saying:

(xfce4-power-manager:8569): xfce4-power-manager-WARNING **: could not map keysym
1008ffa8 to keycode

What should I look for in the saved output?

> But I'm a bit unsure if you do use xfpm. I don't know what is “PM
> General Options”.

Settings -> Power Manager displays a window with three options:
"General Options", "On AC" and "Extended". I don't know whether it is xfpm or
something else. The title line shows Xfce Power Manager.

>>> So when you suspend using right click on xfpm battery icon then click
>>> “suspend”, at resume the screen is not locked? Which screensaver/locker
>>> do you use?
>>
>> This is not a laptop so there is no battery icon.
>> XscreenSaver 5.17-1.fc16
>>
> Then how do you suspend? If you do it via the logout screen, then:
>
> * on 4.8, it's not possible
> * on 4.10, you have to check “lock screen before sleep” in the advanced
> tab of xfce4-session-settings.

OK, I'm on 4.8 so I'll have to wait for 4.10

--
Erik