Participation

Liviu Andronic landronimirc at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 09:04:57 CEST 2012

On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 11:53 PM, Miguel Guedes
<miguel.a.guedes at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> Are there any guidelines as to etiquette regarding participation on
> bugzilla: i.e. is anyone, XFCE dev or not, allowed to participate and
> comment on bug reports?

Yes.

> Also, I've noticed that many enhancement requests and bug reports have gone
> answered and many, reported >1 year ago, still have the NEW status - so, no
> status change since being reported (i.e. accepted, rejected.) Is this the
> dev's normal practice (for whatever reason, i.e. lack of time, team is
> understaffed, whatever)

The team is definitely understaffed and some devs will lack time to
review all the reports being filed on bugzilla.

> or does it mean that the report(s) can potentially
> still be considered?

But given time and new developer additions to the team, chances are
that one day your enhancement request will get discussed (and possibly
invalidated). :)

Regards
Liviu