Mailwatch Plugin 1.1.0 cannot connect to DavMail

Lorenzo Sutton lorenzofsutton at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 12:02:47 CET 2012

Hi list,

I'm trying to use the Mailwatch plugin to watch an 'IMAP' account which
is actually exposed by DavMail [1]. This software connects to Exchange
web interface and exposes it as an imap account. I get an
"Authentication failed" error although I'm sure of the settings which
are exactly the sames I use in Thunderbird, successfully.
Things which come to my mind are:
- the server is localhost (but that seems to be fine as the
authentication error is given by DavMail and thus is getting there),
- port is non standard 1143 (but same as above)
- user name is of the kind domain.com\myname

Any idea, suggestion etc. appreciated.
Thanks,
Lorenzo.

[1] http://davmail.sourceforge.net/