for help for Not Authorized

Greg Folkert greg at gregfolkert.net
Mon Jan 2 17:02:40 CET 2012

On Mon, 2012-01-02 at 23:37 +0800, chengshid wrote:
> my OS : debian testing + xfce4.8
> There are some problem when i as a no root acount.
> 1. When I  plug a removable disk in my computer,  it is come out a ERROR
> DIALOG with the Not Authorized.

What groups are you a part of? You need to be at least a member of the
"plugdev" group for the mounting of removable drives

> 2. i is not  authorized to shutdown and reboot the computer.  i have
> fill the NOPASSWD filed to the /etc/sudoers.

To do this you need to be at least a member of the "powerdev" group to
be able to shutdown and reboot from indie your sessions. It has nothing
to do with sudoers.

Also, one thing, if you specifically added yourself to sudoers, you
shouldn’t have, you need to add yourself to the "sudo" group.

> Do anyone help me?

And this is not an XFCE thing. Its a Debian User item. Easily asked on
the Debian User Mailing List or the Debian user Forum. It'd be best to
ask about these kinds of "system" things there.

> Thanks.

No problems.

greg at gregfolkert.net
PGP key 1024D/B524687C 2003-08-05
Fingerprint: E1D3 E3D7 5850 957E FED0 2B3A ED66 6971 B524 687C

"There are some people who, if they don't already know, you can't tell
'em."
    -- Yogi Berra