How to get a completely empty session?

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Sun Jan 1 18:31:32 CET 2012

If one ticks the "Automatically save session on logout" box in the
Session and Startup settings is there any way to get rid of the session
one saves?

I inadvertently ticked the box and now I can't get back to an empty
default session.

I don't want to have to choose a new session with the Session Chooser, I
just want an empty system when I start up.

Also, in the Help it says:-

    Automatically save session on logout

        This option instructs the session manager to save the current
        session automatically when you log out. If you don't select this
        option you'll be prompted whether you want to save the current
        session on each logout.

Is this still the case?  I don't believe you do now get the prompt to
save the session on logout ever, whether automatic saving is selected or not.

--
Chris Green