[OT] Disabling "Recently Used" in file chooser

Mișu Moldovan dumol at xfce.org
Tue Feb 28 21:12:40 CET 2012

On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 21:40, Michael Orlitzky <michael at orlitzky.com> wrote:
> I know this is a GTK issue, but has anyone figured out a way to disable
> the "Recently Used" item entirely? If not, at least a way to default the
> file chooser to $HOME?
>
> Right now, if anyone wants to save a file on my machine, I have to ask
> them to leave the room momentarily while I deselect "Recently Used."

>From http://developer.gnome.org/gtk/2.24/GtkSettings.html, the
following setting will keep that list clear for good when added in
your ~/.gtkrc-2.0 file:

gtk-recent-files-max-age=0

But I would love to hear how to have $HOME selected by default instead
of the "Recently used" entry.

BTW, try these two gtkrc settings for a cleaner right-click menu:

gtk-show-input-method-menu=0
gtk-show-unicode-menu=0

HTH,

--