Many Updates To Xfce - Will xubuntu 11.10 Update To Them?

Kevin Chadwick ma1l1ists at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Feb 14 13:35:39 CET 2012

On Tue, 14 Feb 2012 07:49:30 +0100
Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:

> I kind of wonder what makes you think you can't do the exact same thing
> on ubuntu?

Don't know if this is an example of what he meant but I'm guessing
you've never fought with ubuntu to disable the avahi daemon and again
but differently after upgrade.

It takes less time to look after an OpenBSD Desktop than Gentoo (from
research on Gentoo, not experience) and Arch is faster/easier to
maintain than Ubuntu (for people who care about security atleast), so
far in my limited experience of Arch.

--
Kc