Feature Request...

Conrad J. Sabatier conrads at cox.net
Tue Feb 14 03:04:12 CET 2012

On Sun, 12 Feb 2012 20:01:20 +0100
Liviu Andronic <landronimirc at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 12, 2012 at 7:57 PM, Jesse Palser <SLNTHERO at aol.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I miss terribly Gnome 2.x but Xfce 4.8 is close to it.
> >
> > I was hoping you could add something to Xfce?
> >
> > Add ability to put items anywhere on a panel.
> > Currently it is only possible to put items on left or right of
> > panel. (kind of want to put something centered on my custom panel)
> >
> You can have the panel to automatically resize. However, you're
> probably looking for adding 'separator' with 'expanding empty space'.
>
> Liviu
>

> > Thanks!
> >
> > Jesse

Hey, thanks for that tip!  I hadn't thought of doing that, myself.
After upgrading to the newest panel, everything was getting shoved
over towards the left.  Adding a separator, moving some things around
and then enabling expansion on the separator did the trick!

I really have come to like Xfce a lot.  It's a very well written (coded)
project.  The ease of upgrading components is just amazing.  Everything
just compiles with no need for new patches or other tinkering.  And the
web site is positively brilliant in both its organization and aesthetic
appeal.  Other projects could take a lesson from Xfce, for sure!

Keep up the great work, people!  :-)

P.S. My clock applet is still crashing, though.  Have had to disable
it for the time being.  :-(

--
Conrad J. Sabatier
conrads at cox.net