ICE IO error?

Marton Balazs balmar3 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 25 09:07:56 CET 2012

Well, as I said the stuff is complicated. E.g. the scripts verify all
kinds of synchronizations (including dropbox), decript encfs direcories
_before_ opening alpine or that file kell.org. Probably some pieces of
script worth more than a thousand words here, so if you are interested see

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3652429/121225_a7nqn/startup_scripts.tar.gz

(sorry if some parts hurt your eyes -- I'm not a programmer :-)  ).  At
startup I decide if I want all this, if not I just don't run it. Then I
decide if I want the whole thing: run "marcigo", or don't distrurb
please so "kismarcigo" which doesn't do skype and pidgin. Some cpu load
checking is included because opening programs fast one after the other
seemed to overload the eeepc before.

I admit things are complicated but still I would not expect ICEauthority
errors.

Replacing all that functionality by xfce restoring sessions would, I
guess, require hacks of similar complexity, but in fact I'm curious if
I could improve the stuff using xfce more.

Marton