Language selection

Guido Berhoerster gber at opensuse.org
Thu Dec 20 13:32:33 CET 2012

* Jaap Winius <jwinius at umrk.nl> [2012-12-20 05:07]:
> Quoting Guido Berhoerster <gber at opensuse.org>:
>
> >The LightDM language selector can be fixed by rebuilding LightDM
> >with the two patches attached to
> >https://bugs.launchpad.net/lightdm/+bug/1074946 and
> >https://bugs.launchpad.net/lightdm/+bug/1019314.
>
> Can these patches be applied to any of the available Debian
> packages? Applying the do-not-strip patch to lightdm v1.2.2-4
> (wheezy) succeeded, but there were two failures when I subsequently
> tried to apply the fix-language-setting patch:
>
> patching file ./lightdm-1.2.2/src/accounts.c
> patching file ./lightdm-1.2.2/src/accounts.c
> Hunk #1 FAILED at 58.
> 1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file
> ./lightdm-1.2.2/src/accounts.c.rej
> patching file ./lightdm-1.2.2/src/accounts.c
> Hunk #1 FAILED at 704.
> Hunk #2 FAILED at 727.
> 2 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file
> ./lightdm-1.2.2/src/accounts.c.rej
>
> Applying the same patches to lightdm v1.4.0 (from Debian
> experimental) resulted in the same two failures.

The patches are for LightDM 1.4.0 only and won't work with older
versions. They apply to a pristine lightdm-1.4.0 tarball here, if
there are some modifications on your end colliding with them
you'll have to apply them by hand (which shouldn't be too
difficult since the changes are not that big).
--
Guido Berhoerster