ANNOUNCE: thunar 1.6.1 released

Andreas Müller schnitzeltony at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 18 19:08:27 CET 2012

On Sun, Dec 9, 2012 at 6:35 PM, Nick Schermer <nick at xfce.org> wrote:
> thunar 1.6.1 is now available for download from
>
>   http://archive.xfce.org/src/xfce/thunar/1.6/Thunar-1.6.1.tar.bz2
>   http://archive.xfce.org/src/xfce/thunar/1.6/Thunar-1.6.1.tar.bz2.md5
>   http://archive.xfce.org/src/xfce/thunar/1.6/Thunar-1.6.1.tar.bz2.sha1
>
>   SHA1 checksum: 5ffc62ef3ef20d4fd7b87a1ce04349ebe80b3665
>    MD5 checksum: f1b20d499e07970d3a3824766221a3a1
>

> What is thunar?
> ===============
>
> Thunar is a modern file manager for the Xfce Desktop  Environment. It
> has been designed from the ground up to be fast and easy-to-use. Its
> user interface is clean and intuitive, and does not include any
> confusing or useless options. Thunar is fast and responsive with a good
> start up time and directory load time. Thunar is accessible using
> Assistive Technologies and is fully standards compliant.
>
> Website:
>   http://thunar.xfce.org/
>

> Release notes for 1.6.1
> =======================
> - Fix bulk renamer url to the wiki.
> - Show NoDisplay=true applications (bug #9595).
> - Fast read content type of unreadable files (bug #9553).
> - Submenu the sidepane visibility menu.
> - Hide shortcut pane header when there are no items.
> - Keybindings to switch to tab with Alt+N (bug #9585).
> - Make tabs scrollable.
> - Session-save mount operation passwords.
> - Check trash status 2s after startup from session.
> - Clear mutex to avoid memleak with 2.32 api.
> - Fix file menu displacement after a forced update (bug #9604).
> - Put remote bookmarks in places and improve icon loading.
> - Use ThunarBrowser to resolve locations in launcher.
> - Translation updates: Amharic, Arabic, Asturian, Belarusian,
>   Bengali, Catalan (Valencian), Czech, Danish, German, Dzongkha, Greek,
>   English (United Kingdom), Esperanto, Spanish (Castilian),Estonian,
>   Basque, Finnish, French, Galician, Hebrew, Croatian, Hungarian,
>   Indonesian, Icelandic, Italian, Japanese, Georgian, Kazakh,Korean,
>   Kurdish, Lithuanian, Latvian, Macedonian, Norwegian Bokmal, Dutch
>   (Flemish), Norwegian Nynorsk, Panjabi (Punjabi), Polish, Portuguese,
>   Portuguese (Brazilian), Romanian, Russian, Sinhala, Slovak, Albanian,
>   Serbian, Swedish, Telugu, Turkish, Uyghur, Ukrainian, Urdu, Urdu
>   (Pakistan), Vietnamese, Chinese (China), Chinese (Taiwan).
Finally I found time to look into it - looks really good

 and got two questions:

* I think the setting disabling menu is new. If disabled once how do I
get it back?
* I really like multiple tabs (in nautilus this has never worked as
expected) Is there another option but middle-click to open a new tab?

Thanks

Andreas