Status and possible workarounds for no password after hibernate

Kevin Chadwick ma1l1ists at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Aug 30 13:44:14 CEST 2012

> This is a problem here due to the fact that my machine is in the office
> and I obviously don't want anyone just switching it on and land on my
> hibernated desktop..

Just thought I'd check that you have considered boot and bios passwords
too. None of these are even close to a guarantee, but are worth doing.
Don't use the same pass either, the Bios and boot passes can usually be
read quite easily if you ever leave your machine whereas the OS one uses
a strong hash these days.

universal interface'

(Doug McIlroy)