xflock4 keyboard shortcut issue

killermoehre killermoehre at gmx.net
Thu Aug 16 10:03:01 CEST 2012

Am 16.08.2012 08:50, schrieb Grant:
> I'm having a problem with the intel video driver which I can work
> around if I keep DPMS disabled.  xflock4 enables DPMS with this line:
>
> xset dpms force off
>
> so I changed my Ctrl+Alt+Del shortcut in xfce4 to 'xflock4 && xset
> -dpms'.  This command works perfectly if I run it manually, but it
> doesn't disable DPMS when executed as a keyboard shortcut.  Does
> anyone know why this is happening?
>
> - Grant

Hi,

I think your problem is that you think xfce is a bash with job control,
which isn't it, so your "&&" won't work. Put your snippet in a seperat
bash script and execute the script with the shortcut. This should work.
Oh, and don't forget to set the right environment variables. AFAIK xset
needs DISPLAY and I don't know if this is available in this context.

Regards