Mail Checker

houghi houghi at houghi.org
Thu Aug 9 19:01:39 CEST 2012

On Thu, Aug 09, 2012 at 08:30:50AM +0200, Liviu Andronic wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 4:23 AM, Deitrick Wilson <deitrick4 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > First, thanks for the great desktop that the developers have put togeter.
> > Its great and I'm enjoying it on my Xubuntu setup. Though I would like to
> > ask if it is possible to make the mail checker default to opening a webpage
> > (gmail speficly). If someone could tell me this that would be great.
> >
> If you're using Mail Watcher, then it has a 'Run on click' input field
> in Properties. There you could put 'midori gmail.com'.

I never heard of midori, Apparently a webbrowser.
Would the right XFCE way not be to do `exo-open http://gmail.com`. That
way you use the default browser, which might be whatever you decide it is.

Untested as I use different Generic Monitor icons. One for each mailbox
which tells me if there are read, unread or new mails and which opens
whatever I want it to open.

houghi