ANNOUNCE: xfce4-weather-plugin 0.8.1 released
h.judt at gmx.at
Mon Aug 6 13:48:36 CEST 2012
xfce4-weather-plugin 0.8.1 is now available for download from
SHA1 checksum: 4056f2909b39f4e15ae7331f7151cd88917d625f
MD5 checksum: 9f0f23cc78c33b1cf54cae7603cbc0e7
What is xfce4-weather-plugin?
This panel plugin shows short- and long-term weather forecasts.
Release notes for 0.8.1
This version is mainly a bugfix release for the issues detected in
0.8.0, involving a lot of code cleanup and maintenance work. However,
there are some improvements for the user-side too.
The most important changes:
- Show more information in panel plugin tooltip.
- Tooltip for location name in config dialog now shows latitude and
longitude, or clearer instructions what to do.
- Fetch sunrise/sunset times via met.no webservice; This way we get
moon phase, moonrise and moonset for free.
- Better handling of sanitizing location name.
- Correct texts in search dialog.
- Set text color on alternate cells in forecast table (bug #9150).
- Translation updates.
- Bump minimum requirements to XFCE-4.6.
- Build the plugin as a module (bug #9152).
- Get the plugin working on OpenBSD (bug #9152).
- Fix many smaller bugs like uninitialized, unused variables etc.
- Reformat and cleanup source code, improve code quality.
Thanks to Landry Breuil for his patches for OpenBSD, Guido Berhoerster
for his help in spotting some previously undetected problems that needed
fixes, and the translators for their work.
The description of the plugin has been changed to better reflect that it
shows forecasts, not live values. Unfortunately, it cannot show live
values until an acceptable provider has been found. Whether this is even
necessary has not been decided about yet. If you want to help with this
or just share your opinion, you are welcome to follow (and participate
in) the discussions on the general Xfce mailing list. But please read a
bit up on it first (start here:
commenting, to get an idea of what has been already discussed. You might
also go through this page https://bugzilla.xfce.org/show_bug.cgi?id=8105
for even more information.
If you have other ideas for improving the plugin or find problems with
it, please read the TODO first and watch out for known bugs on
https://bugzilla.xfce.org, and if you encounter a new problem please
post it to the bug tracker or write to the mailing list.
More information about the Xfce