ANNOUNCE: gtk-xfce-engine 3.0.0 released

Marr wm33 at att.net
Sat Apr 28 17:17:10 CEST 2012

On Saturday 28 April 2012 10:43:03 Ray Andrews wrote:
> I get the feeling, from looking at the release messages, that each of
> the developers has responsibility for a particular branch of the
> project, is that correct? Speaking of which, is there some doc
> explaining the the way the devs have organized themselves?

I had the same question back in Oct 2011. Below is an attached message I sent
showing what I found at the time. Unfortunately, there were no replies to that
message, so it seems that the URL referenced therein was/is the best source
(then and now). Hope that helps a little....

Devs -- any chance that list could be updated (as needed) and improved to show
specific responsibilities?

Regards,
Bill Marr

On Thursday 06 October 2011 12:19:59 Marr wrote:
> Aside: I 'm not even sure who the current developer is. I seem to recall a
> nice page which showed who was in charge of what app/module, but I cannot
> find that page any longer on the Xfce website. Did it get cut or is there
> a list somewhere that I'm missing?

Replying to myself here.... I finally found that page. If browsing around, you
first have to go here:

   http://www.xfce.org/about

Then it's available under the "Category Pages" box on the right side, under
"Credits".  The direct link is:

   http://www.xfce.org/about/credits

Unfortunately, that page has changed from the Apr 2010 version which had more
details about what projects each of the core developers was responsible for.
Now, it's not clear "who does what".

Regards,
Bill Marr