xfce4.6 (fedora 16) loses keybindings after a while

Ian van der Neut ivdneut at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 17:12:54 CEST 2012

Hello,

I'm having this recurring problem were some keybindings I set by hand get
dropped after a few days of use. Additionally, up-arrow will trigger the
"take screenshot" application, keypad Enter deletes the current line on my
terminal prompt, right hand alt key no longer works, etc...

I set the keybindings with

    setxkbmap -option ctrl:nocaps
    setxkbmap -option numpad:microsoft
    setxkbmap -option shift:both_shiftlock

This maps capslock to ctrl, makes numeric keypad cursors behave and use the
pressing of both shift keys simultanuously to set "shift lock".

Is there something I can do from the command line or so, to reset
everything? I have tried executing the above commands again, and also
restarting xfce4-settings-helper but neither solves it.

Thank you very much for any input,

Ian.
--
One man's "magic" is another man's engineering. "Supernatural" is a null
word.