ANNOUNCE: ristretto 0.5.1 released

Stephan Arts stephan at xfce.org
Tue Apr 10 19:33:32 CEST 2012

ristretto 0.5.1 is now available for download from

  http://archive.xfce.org/src/apps/ristretto/0.5/ristretto-0.5.1.tar.bz2
  http://archive.xfce.org/src/apps/ristretto/0.5/ristretto-0.5.1.tar.bz2.md5
  http://archive.xfce.org/src/apps/ristretto/0.5/ristretto-0.5.1.tar.bz2.sha1

  SHA1 checksum: 390d4f3a14235e28aff192ed0091e2ec9d09f31c
   MD5 checksum: aaf25303fce60f05c830fbb06b124251

What is ristretto?
==================

Ristretto is an image-viewer for the xfce desktop environment.

Website:
  http://goodies.xfce.org/projects/applications/ristretto

Release notes for 0.5.1
=======================
[Please note that this is a development release.]

This release is a preview of some UI and functionality changes of
ristretto. It is meant for testing and not designed to be used in a
production environment.

For the stable releases, look at ristretto 0.3

I would like to encourage you to test this, and come with suggestions on
how to improve it and identify bugs. But I am not committing myself to a
release-schedule for this version just yet.

Fixes in this release:
======================
- Add 'other' applications to the editor-chooser applications-list.
- Show mime-type icon instead of 'broken-image' icon in the
  editor-chooser.
- Add missing tooltips to the toolbar.

Changes since 0.3.6:
====================
- Use only one toolbar
- Remove the 'close' button from the toolbar, and replace it
 with an 'edit' quick-launcher.
- Add support for a default editor.
- Replace the thumbnailbar with a port of exo-icon-bar
- Remove exo dependency
- Support http://docs.xfce.org/ for documentation

I hope you like the changes so far, and please do not hesitate to
mention obvious bugs, 'weird behaviour' and suggestions for
improvements.