editing menus.

Ray Andrews rayandrews at eastlink.ca
Tue Apr 3 00:15:47 CEST 2012

On 02/04/12 11:55 AM, Vincent wrote:

Hi Vincent,

> You could try installing the Alacarte menu editor and use that to edit
> your menus.

Thanks. Until I figure out how this stuff works manually, it does seem
that Alacarte is the way to go. Actually it's not so much that I want to
edit my menus right now, but that I want to find the name of the command
being executed by various menu items. I figure an editor should supply
that information.  All GUIs, it seems, delight in hiding things from you
and unfortunately Xfce is no exception. So far, what I do is drag menu
items to the panel, and once there you can look under the hood to see
what's going on.  Then I delete the item on the panel. I don't know why
we can't just right click on menu items and have the same functionality
there that we do on the panel. But.