ANNOUNCE: ristretto 0.5.0 released

Stephan Arts stephan at xfce.org
Mon Apr 2 21:38:35 CEST 2012

ristretto 0.5.0 is now available for download from

  http://archive.xfce.org/src/apps/ristretto/0.5/ristretto-0.5.0.tar.bz2
  http://archive.xfce.org/src/apps/ristretto/0.5/ristretto-0.5.0.tar.bz2.md5
  http://archive.xfce.org/src/apps/ristretto/0.5/ristretto-0.5.0.tar.bz2.sha1

  SHA1 checksum: 834742926061e8dde570ba1847b278856c95d072
   MD5 checksum: 8f8737c7578ca0ce6a05ddab552b8649

What is ristretto?
==================

Ristretto is an image-viewer for the xfce desktop environment.

Website:
  http://goodies.xfce.org/projects/applications/ristretto

Release notes for 0.5.0
=======================
[Please note that this is a development release.]

This release is a preview of some UI and functionality changes of
ristretto. It is meant for testing and not designed to be used in any
production environment.

For the stable releases, look at ristretto 0.3
(In case you are wondering, the version-number 0.4 is reserved for a
possible re-version-ed 0.3 with small changes to support the new
documentation-scheme - for optimal usage with xfce 4.10)

I would like to encourage you to test this, and come with suggestions on
how to improve it and identify bugs. But I am not committing myself to a
release-schedule for this version just yet.

Changes since 0.3.6:
====================
- Use only one toolbar
- Remove the 'close' button from the toolbar, and replace it
  with an 'edit' quick-launcher.
- Add support for a default editor.
- Replace the thumbnailbar with a port of exo-icon-bar
- Remove exo dependency
- Support http://docs.xfce.org/ for documentation

I hope you like the changes so far, and please do not hesitate to
mention obvious bugs, 'weird behaviour' and suggestions for
improvements.