Annoying duplicate KDE desktop icons

Alex Baer comet.friend at gmx.net
Tue Sep 6 16:46:53 CEST 2011

Yes, of course, that would solve it for Xfce. But then the file is hidden for
KDE, as well, right? And in KDE, clicking on it opens the file manager
(Dolphin) for $HOME. If the file was hidden, I could not click on it on my
desktop.... ;)

That's why I am looking for some other approach, that may or may not exist. In
fact, I thought, that .desktop and .directory files would be handled according
to some standard (I don't recall, which one --- Free Desktop, may be...)  by
KDE and Xfce, alike.

Unfortunately, it seems to turn out, that this is not really the case.

Thanks, anyway!

Alex