Send To mail

houghi houghi at houghi.org
Wed Oct 19 23:01:58 CEST 2011

On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 09:26:37PM +0200, Christoph Wickert wrote:
> > On the desktop, I don't get a "Send To" at all.
>
> That's because the desktop is managed by xfdesktop and not by Thunar.
> Hopefully this will change in Xfce 4.10, AFAIK Thunar will take over the
> desktop, too.

I hope nothing will be somehow forced. I only need something to show my
programs. I never have anything on my desktop, except for wallpapers.
Probably I am alone in this, but I never understood why I would want icons
or anything else on a place that is inteded for the programs.

Minimize, click, maximize? I have all programs already open on different
desktops in the size and configuration I like. I have a menu where I can
select things I need. I use mc as file browser.

Instead of dropping things on a desktop, I rather put them in the
directory sorted by whatever means directly. e.g. images goes to the
images directory (sorted in there as well). Same for rpm's, mp3's and even
temporary files go to a temporary directory before I either delete them or
sort them.

And again, I understand that I am most likely alone in this way and
somehow people like to have a lot of stuff on their desktop.

houghi
--
This is written under the inluence of the following: